Play Like A Girl is growing and growing fast! We are looking for rockstars to join our team and inspire others through our blog and social media.
We're currently hiring for the position of Content Marketing Manager. Leveraging strong written and editorial skills, you will manage and help build a content pipeline for our blog, social media and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Strategize, create and update the editorial calendar with concepts that align with brand, product and business initiatives.
- Scheduled, edit, SEO-optimize, and publish blog content.
- Create original SEO-optimized copy with high-quality photos and/or video as need.
- Develop and gain a readership by actively promoting the blog on social media and acting as ambassador for Play Like a Girl.
- Attend weekly team meetings via teleconference on Mondays at 4 PM CST.
- Have consistent access and ability to use WordPress and Google Drive.
- Able to work independently on assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
- Novice and experienced writers and copy editors, young professionals, as well as undergraduate and graduate degree students are all eligible for consideration; preferred fields include marketing, communications, journalism, or English.
- Amateur or professional photography and graphic design experience highly preferred.
- Previous experience working with an online or print publication highly preferred but not required.
- In-depth understanding of blog-style writing.
- Familiar with Google Docs, Wordpress, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- We are looking for a high-performing, high-energy self-starter, with proven ability to work both independently as well as a member of high performance-output teams in a fast-paced, deadline.
- This is a virtual, unpaid internship but is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience at a national nonprofit with an ambitious mission. We will gladly work with your institution to give you academic credit for your experience.
To apply, please email a resume and writing samples to email@example.com by July 25th.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Content Management Systems
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 15-20 hours per week