Sadly, child hunger has become an epidemic to over 1 out of 3 children that we see every day. Children are going to bed hungry every day and during the school year. As a result, they aren't able to concentrate and focus on an empty stomach.
The good news is that YOU can be a part of the solution to ending child hunger.
It's fun, simple and easy! Here's how it works:
This opportunity seeks your company, organization, church, synagogue, fraternity, sorority, boy scouts, girl scouts, civic group, etc. to conduct a food drive for our Back To School Food Drive For Kids Campaign. This campaign runs from August 1 through December 31 2016.
Once you contact us, we will email you a 1-pageFood Drive Packet with basic instructions on how to successfully conduct a food drive with your group.
The packet also contains a Wish List of foods needed for the Helping Kids Eat Backpack Weekend Meal Program.
You and your fellow colleagues would collect and donate food items for our program.
You may drop off the food to our facility, or our drivers could gladly pick them up.
We then deliver the food to over 2,500 local elementary and middle school children (through their schools) who are food insecure. The non-perishable food is distributed each Friday, to ensure the children aren't going to bed hungry over the weekend, a time they are not receiving the meals in school.
Yes! Child Hunger Is So Serious Yet So Solvable! We thank you in advance for your support in helping to end child hunger, one day, one child at a time!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Time it takes to host food drive
- The ability to ask other people to help support the food drive
- Administrative Volunteer For Kid...
- Enthusiastic Board Members...
- Food Drives For Kids Volunteers...
- Your Help is Needed to Host a...
- Event Planning
- Companies & Organizations - Host...
- Volunteers Needed For D.V....
- Food Sorter/Food Coordinator...
- Volunteer to End Kid Hunger!
- Volunteer to Feed Hungry Kids