Want a flexible schedule when volunteering? A local nonprofit is looking for volunteers to assist with various duties.
Eyes Wide Open Mentoring's mission is to empower DC homeless youth to rise above their immediate circumstances and take the steps necessary to enable them to have successful futures. We pair trained volunteer mentors to work one-on-one in developmental relationships with homeless youth to address the challenges associated with homelessness.
FB page https://www.facebook.com/ewomentoring
If you would like to get involved and help youth today, we are looking for people for the following:
- Volunteers who are interested in helping design and schedule programs for the youth we serve.
- Volunteers to take photos of our events for our archives and social media pages. You would volunteer to photograph opening receptions, workshops, regular programs, etc. We are hoping for around 10-15 good photos from each event.
- Volunteers to record various events and edit for online viewing.
- Looking for someone who is Interested in laying out our monthly newsletter and helping to write the content.
- Volunteers who are interested in learning about and helping us fundraise. You would also be posting our events to free local calendars.
- Volunteers who would like to help us create relationships with other organizations and influential people in DC.
If any of the above duties interests you, contact us today. Send an email with your contact information and what activity you would like to be involved with.
We appreciate your support.
- Administrative Support
- Event Design & Planning
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Depends on your schedule