Work With Older Youth in Foster Care to Get Them Ready for a Life of Independence
WhenThu Nov 30, 2017, 06:00 PM - 07:30 PM
Where4310 Gallatin StHyattsville, MD 20781
Did you know only 54% of youth in foster care earn a high school diploma? And only 2% earn a bachelor’s degree or higher?
The goal to find safe and permanent homes for youth in foster care is not always fulfilled, and each year thousands of young people simply "age out" of the foster care system, going through high school and beyond without ever finding stability. Many of these youth must prepare to leave foster care without ever having a caring presence to help guide them in their journey to adulthood.
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)/Prince George’s County, which recruits and trains volunteers to advocate for the needs of youth living in foster care, is currently recruiting volunteers with a particular interest in working with teens aged 16 to 20. By advocating for their needs in the courts and the community, these volunteers will play a powerful role in helping youth in foster care to become successful and thriving adults.
Will you speak for abused and neglected teens in your community?
For more information, please visit ourwebsite at www.pgcasa.org or call 301-209-0491.
We also encourage you to join us for an information session on November 30th at 6 p.m! Here, you can learn more about what CASAs do as well as the youth they serve.
Please RSVP or contact Brianna Tiedeman for more information.
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)/ Prince George’s County, Inc
6811 Kenilworth Ave, Suite 402
Riverdale MD, 20737
- Child Development
- Crisis Intervention
- Youth Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10-12 Hours a month/ one year
- Looking for bilingual child...
- Become a Court Appointed Special...
- Bi-lingual Child Advocates Needed!
- Work With Older Youth in Foster...
- Be a voice for a child in Foster...
- Become a Positive Male Role...
- Support LGBTQ Youth in Foster...
- Become an advocate for an abused...
- Learn about being a child...
- Court Appointed Special...
- Serve on CASA's Board of...
- Information Session on how to...
- Role-models wanted for young men...