Customer Service Assistant- South MPLS
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereSouth Minneapolis Human Service Center330 South 12th StreetMinneapolis, MN 55407
Purpose: This volunteer opportunity would contribute to the opening of the newest Human Service Center in South Minneapolis for Hennepin County Human Services & Public Health Department as well as the continuation and day to day customer service needs. The position would assist clients and staff to fulfil the mission to increase safety and stability of people, promote self-reliance and a livable income, and improve the health of the community.
- Assist in the opening of the newest Human Service Center
- Greet visitors on the lobby area as they arrive and leave
- Guide visitors to the appropriate location within building
- Check in with clients about their experience and help in completing survey
- Ask, encourage, and help clients to fill out surveys for HSPHD
- Assist clients with filling out essential forms regarding their needs and situation
- Assist employees and teams with projects and tasks as needed
- Positive attitude with exceptional customer service skills
- Experience working with and serving diverse populations
- Good listening and communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain appropriate boundaries with staff and clients, and maintain client confidentiality
- Volunteers may use bi-lingual skills to help visitors communicate their needs to the staff - Hmong, Oromo, Russian, Somali, and/or Spanish are helpful but not required.
- Volunteers must by fluent in conversational and written English.
- Volunteer must complete the application, interview and orientation process, provide at least 1 reference, pass a background check, attend training program, and adhere to department policies.
- A volunteer must be a minimum age of 18 years.
- New building opens May 15th, but we’re hoping to onboard some volunteers prior to opening.
- At least a 3 month commitment to the program
- At least once or every other week, weekdays between 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- We can be flexible with volunteer’s schedule
South Minneapolis Human Service Center, 2215 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407
Supervision: The volunteer will be supported by an On-Site Coordinator.
- Feedback is available / provided by an On-Site Coordinator to assist volunteer in achieving the highest quality of work results.
- Volunteers gain experience working with individuals from different language and cultural backgrounds.
- Volunteers gain experience assisting staff in a county government Human Services department.
- Volunteers experience the positive feelings of assisting people in need.
- Volunteers can be reimbursed monthly for related transportation/parking expenses within allowable limits by completing a report form.
- Human Services training opportunities are available at no cost.
- A letter of recommendation can be written on request after completion of the minimum time commitment.
Call: Phone: 612-348-9900
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 3-4 hour shift per week for at least 3 months