Customer Service Assistant- North MPLS
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereNorth Minneapolis Human Services Center1001 Plymouth Ave NoMinneapolis, MN 55411
Volunteer to make a difference in your community!
Primary Responsibilities of Volunteer Customer Service Assistants:
- Administer Customer Input Survey in lobby
- Greet visitors in the lobby area as they arrive and leave
- Guide visitors to the appropriate location within North Minneapolis Office
- Maintain time sensitive postings on public bulletin boards
- Organize various brochures on display
- Stock photocopiers throughout the office with various sizes of paper
- Adjust number of lobby stanchions relative to number of incoming visitors
- Help staff and teams with special projects as needed
- Desire to serve in North Minneapolis community
- Positive attitude with customer service skills and responsibility for daily duties
- Experience engaging with and serving diverse populations
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to establish and maintain appropiate boundaries with staff and clients and maintain confidentiality
- Completion of application, screening, background check, references, and interview
- 2 to 3 hour shift--morning or afternoon
- 3 or more month commitment
- Invitation to attend volunteer recognition event
- Opportunities to receive free entrance to Science Museum and Omni Theater throughout the year
- Feedback is available / provided by an On-Site Coordinator to assist volunteer in achieving the highest quality of work results.Volunteers gain experience working with individuals from different language and cultural backgrounds.
- Volunteers gain experience assisting staff in a county government Human Services department.
- Volunteers experience the positive feelings of assisting people in need.
- Volunteers can be reimbursed monthly for related transportation/parking expenses within allowable limits by completing a report form.
- Human Services training opportunities are available at no cost.
- A letter of recommendation can be written on request after completion of the minimum time commitment.
To apply to become a volunteer, please fill out this application: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=414494143
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week for 3 months or more