Meals on Wheels is a program that delivers meals to individuals at home who are unable to purchase or prepare their own meals. Research shows that home-delivered meal programs significantly improve diet quality, increase nutrient intakes, reduce food insecurity and improve quality-of-life among the recipients. The programs also reduce government expenditures by reducing the need of recipients to use hospitals, nursing homes or other expensive community-based services.
Spend as little as 1 hour a week helping our Seniors in Fayette County keep their independence by delivering meals throughout the community or preparing meals at our center.
Flexible scheduling is available to fit your needs. This is a great group opportunity as well as mileage reimbursement for adults 55+.
- Cooking / Catering
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour or more
- Join our RSVP Program- Are YOU...
- Circles Allies (Mentor)
- RSVP Member Opportunity- Become...
- Host a Donation Drive for our...
- RSVP Member Opportunity- Vision...
- Activities Coordinator
- Volunteer Recruiter: Fayette...
- RSVP Member Opportunity- Budget...
- Circles Childcare Support
- Meals on Wheels
- RSVP Member Opportunity-Become a...
- RSVP Member Opportunity- Hospice...