Computer Resource Specialist- South MPLS
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereSabathani Community Center310 E 38th StreetMinneapolis, MN 55409
Primary Responsibilities of Volunteers:
- Greet visitors warmly
- Instruct visitors to sign in on appropriate sign in sheet
- Assist visitors with basic computer functions i.e. Navigating the Internet, finding and filling out Job Applications, Printing documents (resumes), setting up (Free) email accounts etc.
- Monitoring Computer use to make sure visitors are compliant with Resource Room Policy
- Provide Resources from Resource Book to visitors as needed
- Keep resource table stocked
- Maintain a cleanliness standards
- Volunteers do best at this position if they enjoy interacting with diverse populations, have good listening and communication skills, and are able to work as part of a helping team.
- Basic Knowledge of the Internet and Microsoft Office
- Bi-lingual skills in Hmong, Russian, Spanish, and/or Somali are helpful but not required.
- The ability to establish and maintain appropriate boundaries, and maintain client confidentiality is required.
- Volunteers must be reliable and keep the agreed schedule whenever possible.
- The volunteers need to complete the application, interview and orientation process, provide 2 references, pass a background check, complete training and adhere to department policies.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- We would appreciate a commitment of at least 3-6 months
- Monday-Friday afternoons from9a.m - 12p.m. to 1p.m. - 3p.m. Currently we have Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons and Friday mornings.
To apply to become a volunteer, please fill out this application: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=414494143
- Adult Education
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of one shift per week--Mon-Fri
- able to work independently