Archivist Assistant Volunteer/Intern
The Arts of Life continually creates an environment that is trusting, nurturing, and respectful. We are all equals in this space and should be given the most respect possible. We understand that all of us have bad days and all of us are developing as individuals and we encourage each other to share both the positive things that make us who we are and the negative things that make us who we are. We encourage everyone to share their goals and aspirations so that we are able to be of some help along their journey. We hope to provide this environment and offer our philosophy to everyone that joins our community, not just our artists. If our environment is true, it will have the same effect on everyone.
Whenever you are in our studio, you influence our artists and your roll is to be a person who is:
- Prompt and reliable
- Consistently excellence in your job performance
- Able to problem solve and work with minimal supervision
- Creative, dedicated, and takes initiative
- Consistently positive and flexible
- Able to assist all individuals served by Arts of Life
- Respectful of themselves and others
- Honest, compassionate and empathetic
- Principled, tenacious and hard working
Archivist, Arts Coordinator, and Volunteer Coordinator
The Archivist Assistant is responsible for recording and cataloguing the creative output of the studio. This may include, but is not limited to: photographing artwork, recording information in an accessible way, and distributing that content and information for use inside and outside The Arts of Life. We will be expecting a lot from you and we always want you to feel you can share your ideas and/or concerns with anyone involved in the organization.
Digitally photograph all artwork
Upload images to Photos on Mac for editing and color correction
Edit & color correct images
Maintenance of art catalog and digital gallery Percentage of time - 55%
Organize and Maintain our flat file system
Maintaining Spreadsheets and Catalogs
Update art catalog when work leaves the studio, comes back from an exhibit, or when new work is added to the catalog
Update Web store with latest art work as needed
Maintaining a record of sold works
Other misc. duties related and necessary for archiving our materials.
- Proficient in using the MAC platform and Photos
- Experience color correcting images
- Experience uploading images to websites
What you will learn:
- How to work with a creative team
- Website management
- Basic principles of archiving
- Exhibition Arts
- Macintosh Platform
- Visual Arts
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, about one day a week
- The Arts of Life is open 9am-3pm, Monday through Friday
- Arts Collective seeks Archivist...
- Interested in the visual arts,...
- Artist Mentor
- Music Assistant
- Arts Marketing Volunteer/Intern
- Adaptive Engineering Intern
- Production Volunteer/Intern
- Dance Instructor
- Interested in collaborative...
- Are you a gifted musician or...
- Interested in Arts...
- Interested in the Visual Arts?...
- Archivist Assistant