Artist Mentor Volunteer/Intern
The Arts of Life continually creates an environment that is trusting, nurturing, and respectful. We are all equals in this space and should be given the most respect possible. We understand that all of us have bad days and all of us are developing as individuals and we encourage each other to share both the positive things that make us who we are and the negative things that make us who we are. We encourage everyone to share their goals and aspirations so that we are able to be of some help along their journey. We hope to provide this environment and offer our philosophy to everyone that joins our community, not just our artists. If our environment is true, it will have the same effect on everyone.
Whenever you are in our studio, you influence our artists and your roll is to be a person who is:
- Prompt and reliable
- Consistently excellence in your job performance
- Able to problem solve and work with minimal supervision
- Creative, dedicated, and takes initiative
- Consistently positive and flexible
- Able to assist all individuals served by Arts of Life
- Respectful of themselves and others
- Honest, compassionate and empathetic
- Principled, tenacious and hard working
The Artist Mentor is responsible for working directly with our artists on a daily basis. This includes facilitating their creative process, teaching a new skill set, assisting with goal implementation and tracking, writing daily notes and keeping the studio in good repair.
Empowering our artists is an important part of the Arts of Life model. You will work with studio staff to share your workload, skill-set, and technical expertise with an appropriate artist in the studio.
Provide documentation on each assigned artist that you worked with on their core values each day.
Directly supervising and taking responsibility for assigned artists, including, but not limited to the following: Assist artists in completing their goals, assist artists with getting art supplies for their projects, give artist technical assistance related to their projects, teach and assist artists in cleaning up their workstations, assist studio staff with transportation.
Actively participate in the upkeep of the studio and the art, including, but not limited to: Maintain supplies and supervise brushes of each artist at the end of each day, keeping the studio clean and in good repair, helping prepare lunches, help supervise Responsibility Rotation, and other duties as necessary.
You should be comfortable working directly with people with developmental disabilities.
Comfortable in using the MAC platform
You should be social and enjoy collaboration.
What you will learn
You will learn how to develop relationships and collaborate with artists who have developmental disabilities on a personal and professional level.
- Exhibition Arts
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, requires weekday availability.
- The Arts of Life is open from 9am-3pm Monday through Friday
- Arts Collective seeks Archivist...
- Interested in the visual arts,...
- Artist Mentor
- Music Assistant
- Arts Marketing Volunteer/Intern
- Adaptive Engineering Intern
- Production Volunteer/Intern
- Dance Instructor
- Interested in collaborative...
- Are you a gifted musician or...
- Interested in Arts...
- Interested in the Visual Arts?...
- Archivist Assistant