Veteran to Veteran Volunteer Opportunity
2 people are interested
Army! Navy! Coast Guard! Air Force! Marines!!
Are you a Veteran searching for a way in which you can honor those brave women and men who served before you? At Heartland Hospice, we are always in need of Veterans from each branch of military service to visit with patients and families who are on the hospice journey. We have an increasing number of patients who are veterans, who desire the companionship of fellow veterans for connection and with whom they can share stories .
Veteran volunteers serve a vital role because of their shared experience and mutual understanding. Various opportunities for Veteran involvement include:
- extending socialization and emotional support to patients and families in need
- sitting vigil at the bedside of actively dying individuals to ensure that they do not die alone
- offering assistance with veteran recognition ceremonies , which celebrate the sacrifice and
- commitment of the service women and men we provide care for
- administrative assistance in our office setting
You decide your visit schedule and location of service and we'll support you with training and individualized mentoring.
Your visits will make a difference in the lives of these heroes who want to tell their story while they still can. Contact us today for more information!
We'll work with your schedule.
4 E Rolling Crossroads, Ste 307Catonsville, MD 21228
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hous per week for one year
- TB skin test, application, interview, training