Flexible, Important, 2-3 Hours a month, Training Provided.... Be a part of our volunteer team!
Visit with hospice patients and their families, provide extra support and companionship.
Depending on your time, interests and skills, the following list contains some ideas on how you can assist your patient/family. These are simply suggestions - feel free to use your imagination!
- Friendly visiting and phone calls.
- Provide relief for the primary caregiver (2-3 hours) so they can get out of the house, run errands or enjoy some time by themselves.
- Offer to run errands, such as to the post office or grocery store.
- Bring a book or magazine of interest to the patient or offer to read them a favorite story or the local paper.
- Help them write letters to family and friends - this could even include help with holiday greeting cards.
- Depending upon their condition, provide opportunities and suggest activities in which they might be interested, go for a walk or help them learn a new craft.
- Cook up one of your specialties or something that sounds good to the patient.
- Go through and label old pictures for them.
- Provide a cassette recorder and interview them as they tell their life stories.
We would LOVE to have you become a part of our TEAM!Training, support, guidance..... just try it! Call Bridget Lewis TODAY! 9372721349 [+] Read Mor
- Bereavement Support
- Community Outreach
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 Hours a month