Want to Inspire Kids to Move & Set Goals with a Fun & Simple Program?
What happens when you give 3rd & 4th graders fitness trackers and a challenge?
Fly Movement is the first kids’ health program that provides students an opportunity to reach a fitness goal through fun, rewarding team competition. As a result, they learn how to develop goal setting habits, their fitness activity increases, and they establish a positive feeling towards physical activity.
FLY Movement is currently taking applications for volunteers interested in helping kids achieve their goals by creating fun and competitive physically active activities. This same concept has helped over 130 3 rd graders in Houston increase their physical activity by at least 25%.
Fly Movement works with children, ages 7 to 8, who participate in our kids’ fitness program. Volunteers / Interns spend a few hours (an average of 7 - 10 hours per month) engaging in a variety of activities. In most instances, volunteers and interns become very important role models and have significant influence in the lives of our children and our mission.
- help lead the kids in fun physical exercises and games
- join Fly Movement and visit the kids three times over a 6 week program. Each visit last 30 minutes or less.
- show the kids how to use the fitness trackers
- take pictures and video of the kids participating
This is a volunteer opportunity unlike any other. Learn more about our program at Fly-movement.com and see Meagan, one of our volunteers, having fun volunteering for Fly Movement at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ0cNmpt9jU. All volunteers who interact with the kids will have to undergo a background check.
We also have other volunteer opportunities such as:
- Like to write? Assist us with writing articles for newsletters and our blog
- Visual Content - help us create fun visual content that we can use for our Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Newsletter, and website
- Good with Excel? Have fun slicing and dicing the kids fitness data that we receive from the fitness trackers and create fun charts and graphs
- Design skills? Help us create fun infographics and improve our website
We look forward to hearing from you!
Eric Melchor - Co-Founder
- Administrative Support
- Physical Education
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Market Research / Analysis
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours per month
- Believe in our mission