Honor Our Veterans-Participate in our Honor Salute Program (Prince George's County, MD)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where9500 Arena DriveSuite 250Largo, MD 20774
This volunteering opportunity is available in a number of locations in Prince George's County and works around your schedule.
Honor Salute Volunteers
Would you like to reach out to veterans and make a difference in your community?
Hospice of the Chesapeake is a fully licensed, community-based non-profit organization. We provide services to terminally ill patients at the place that they call home - regardless of their age or ability to pay. In order to provide the best possible service to our patients and their families, Hospice of the Chesapeake depends on the generous support from the community, key business partners, and philanthropic operations to improve the quality of life for those in our community experiencing advanced illness or bereavement.
Hospice of the Chesapeake Cares About our Veterans
Hospice of the Chesapeake is routinely involved in a number of programs to enrich the lives of our veteran patient’s, military families, and veterans within the community. In addition, we collaborate with veteran centered nonprofits to further their causes as well.
Whether it's our Vet to Vet program, helping a veteran's organization raise money, or just providing the best care possible to our veteran patients and their families, HoC wants you to know we care about veterans and their service.
What is the Honor Salute Program?
Started over 4 years ago and so successful it was featured in the Baltimore Sun, our Honor Salute Program aims to honor our valued veteran patients in a unique way.
Volunteers will join a Midshipmen from the Annapolis Naval Academy to honor veterans for their service in the military. The midshipmen present certificates to our veteran patients thanking them for their honorable military service.
This is a fantastic opportunity to pay respect to some of America's greatest heroes, whether you're a civilian, a future member of the military, or a veteran yourself.
The full feature in the Baltimore Sun can be read here:
Where Will I Volunteer?
We offer inpatient care, as well as outpatient care throughout Prince George's county. We will work with you to find the most convenient locations for you, as well as work around your schedule.
Benefits of Volunteering for HoC:
- Free training in patient care, and in a number of other areas if desired
- Opportunity for a variety of certifications, which can be used professionally
- Scholarships available for certain Healing Arts training
- Many patient care volunteers later specialize in other areas such as Vigil Volunteers or Grief Support Volunteers.
- Possible Tax Deductions
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or other positions within our Volunteer Department, please contact a member of our team at (443)837-1549 or through email at email@example.com
To learn more about Hospice of the Chesapeake, you can visit our website at www.HospiceChesapeake.org.
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible! We work with your schedule.
- Application, paperwork, interview
- Receptionists and Administrative...
- Compassionate Couriers
- Honor Our Veterans-Participate...
- The Greatest Gift
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Laurel, MD
- Therapy Dogs Needed-Prince...
- Healing Arts Volunteers-Reiki...
- Patient Care Volunteer-Bowie, MD
- Fashion for a Cause!
- Massage Therapist (Prince...
- Honor Our Veterans-Participate...
- Volunteers with Four Wheel Drive...
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Clinton, MD
- Comfort Touch Therapy-Bowie, MD
- Teen Volunteering Opportunities...
- A Comforting Touch
- Volunteer Recruitment Assistant
- Patient Care Volunteer-Laurel, MD
- Bereavement Callers Needed...
- Teen Tech Volunteers Needed-Earn...