Girls Soccer Coach and Mentor
South Bronx United is seeking volunteer coaches for SBU's two girls' competitive travel soccer teams. In addition to helping a team of girls develop technical and tactical skills on the field, coaches serve as mentors and role models for the players, sharing the joy of playing the sport, but more importantly reinforcing the values that sport helps develop (teamwork, discipline, respect, etc) and emphasizing the importance of education.
- Fall Season: mid August - early December
- Winter Season: January - early March (Only one practice a week)
- Spring Season: mid March - June
Travel Program: Practices are generally held at Macomb's Dam Field, 161st Street across from Yankee Stadium. Home games are generally held at Randall's Island. Away games are played in Westchester County, and occasionally beyond (tournaments/special events).
Positions Available: Girls: U16, U19
Travel Program: Head Coaches lead practices twice a week, generally Tuesday and Thursday evenings and manage games on Sundays during the season (Fall and Spring). One weekend practice a week is held during the winter months. Assistant Coaches should have consistent availability as well and help support the Head Coach at practices and games. Coaches are asked to be able to commit through the end of the school year at minimum (end of June).
Qualifications: Previous coaching experience is not a necessity, but enthusiasm for working with children and a strong knowledge of soccer is.
Travel Program: A small volunteer stipend is provided each season to head coaches. Opportunities for professional coaching development in sports based youth development practices.
South Bronx United uses soccer as a tool for social change. South Bronx United aims to help youth build character, teamwork, and leadership so that they can succeed in high school, college, careers, their community and beyond. South Bronx United strives to promote educational achievement, health and wellness, and character development through activities on and off the soccer field and to UNITE a diverse group of individuals and an incredibly diverse community toward common positive goals.
For more information on South Bronx United, please visit www.southbronxunited.org.
- Sports Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 8 to 10 hours per week
- Must be enthusiastic to work with kids and have some soccer knowledge.
- Non Profit Development Intern
- Travel Soccer Coach and Mentor
- SAT Prep Tutor
- Coed U6 Recreational soccer coach
- College Prep Tutor
- College Prep Mentor 2016-2017
- Education Internship - Fall 2016
- Communications Internship - Fall...
- Regents Prep Tutor
- Special Events Internship - Fall...
- ESL Tutor 2016-2017
- PSAT/SAT Prep - Verbal & Writing...
- College Advisory Internship -...
- After School Soccer Coach...
- Girls' Soccer Coach & Mentor
- Immigrant Youth Coach & Mentor
- PSAT/SAT Prep - Math Tutor
- Academic Coach (After School...