The mission of the St. Louis Arc is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high-quality services, family supports, and advocacy.
The Arc's bowling leagues make sports accessible for people with disabilities. Grab your bowling ball and shoes and lets hit the lanes for some bowling. Volunteers are needed to assist bowlers with score keeping, order of bowling, communicating equipment problems to Program Leader or bowling alley representative, and having fun!
There are five bowling league options:
1) 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays from September 17, 2016 to May 13, 2017 (Chesterfield)
2) 9:00 a.m. on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month, Septermber 17, 2016 - May 20, 2017 (Crestwood)
3) 3:00 p.m. on the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Saturday of each month, September 24, 2016 - May 13, 2017 (Crestwood)
4) 10:00 a.m. on Saturdays, September 17, 2016 - May 13, 2017 (Olivette)
5) 10:30 a.m. on Wednesdays, Septemgber 21 - November 16, 2016 (Olivette)
Volunteers can choose the league that best fits their schedules and location!
- People Skills
- Sports Coaching
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Depends on League
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening, Orientation
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Help Kids Learn Social Skills...
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Social Skill-building for Teens
- Music Moves!
- Kreative Kids Art
- St. Louis Arc - Capable Kids and...
- Social Group Leader for People...
- St. Louis Adventure Meet Up...
- Walking Club!
- Inclusive Cooking Class!
- Awake, Aware, Alive
- Hit the Turf! Soccer Coaches...
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Family Fun Nights
- The Artist in You!