The mission of the St. Louis Arc is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high-quality services, family supports, and advocacy.
The Arc's bowling leagues make sports accessible for people with disabilities. Grab your bowling ball and shoes and lets hit the lanes for some bowling. Volunteers are needed to assist bowlers with score keeping, order of bowling, communicating equipment problems to Program Leader or bowling alley representative, and having fun!
There are five bowling league options:
1) 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays from September 16, 2017 to May 12, 2018 (Chesterfield)
2) 9:00 a.m. on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month, Septermber 16, 2017 - May 19, 2018 (Crestwood)
3) 3:00 p.m. on the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Saturday of each month, September 23, 2017 - May 12, 2018 (Crestwood)
4) 10:00 a.m. on Saturdays, September 16, 2017 - May 12, 2018 (Olivette)
5) 10:30 a.m. on Wednesdays, September 20 - December 6, 2017 (Olivette)
Volunteers can choose the league that best fits their schedules and location!
- People Skills
- Sports Coaching
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Depends on League
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening, Orientation
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)...
- Hole-In-One! Golfing
- Music Moves!
- St. Louis Scene - Weekly Meet Ups!
- 20 Somethings Meet Up Group
- Become an All-Star! Softball...
- Walking Club!
- Aging With Empowerment
- Inclusive Cooking Class!
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Family Fun Nights
- The Artist in You!
- Adult Music Therapy
- Play Ball! Inclusive Softball...