The mission of the St. Louis Arc is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high-quality services, family support, and advocacy.
The Next Chapter Book Club provides adults with disabilities the opportunity to read, learn to read, talk about books, and make friends in a fun community setting. Volunteers have the opportunity to facilitate reading for individuals of varying abilities and engage readers in conversations about the book and relate to similar experiences.
Thursdays, January 25 - April 12, 2018
Session I: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Ladue & Chesterfield only)
Session II: 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (All Locations)
Chesterfield, Des Peres, Crestwood and Ladue
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Special Needs
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour/ week
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening (18+), Reference Form (under 18), Orientation
- Enjoy Cooking with Family &...
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Got Game? Join the St. Louis Arc...
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)...
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Fun Social Outings for Teens!
- Spend your Spring Break at Camp...
- Nothin' But Net! Inclusive...
- 20 Somethings Meet Up Group
- St. Louis Scene - Weekly Meet Ups!
- Be a Team Player! Inclusive...
- Aging With Empowerment
- Inclusive Cooking Class!
- Awake, Aware, & Alive!
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Family Fun Nights