The mission of the St. Louis Arc is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high-quality services, family support, and advocacy.
The Next Chapter Book Club provides adults with disabilities the opportunity to read, learn to read, talk about books, and make friends in a fun community setting. Volunteers have the opportunity to facilitate reading for individuals of varying abilities and engage readers in conversations about the book and relate to similar experiences.
Thursdays, Seprtember 22 - December 8, 2016 (no Book Club on November 24)
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
We are currently looking for a volunteer to lead our Chesterfield location Book Club, from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Special Needs
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour/ week
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening (18+), Reference Form (under 18), Orientation
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Help Kids Learn Social Skills...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Social Skill-building for Teens
- Music Moves!
- Kreative Kids Art
- St. Louis Arc - Capable Kids and...
- St. Louis Adventure Meet Up...
- Social Group Leader for People...
- Walking Club!
- Inclusive Cooking Class!
- Awake, Aware, Alive
- Hit the Turf! Soccer Coaches...
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Family Fun Nights
- The Artist in You!