The mission of the St. Louis Arc is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high-quality services, family support, and advocacy.
The Next Chapter Book Club provides adults with disabilities the opportunity to read, learn to read, talk about books, and make friends in a fun community setting. Volunteers have the opportunity to facilitate reading for individuals of varying abilities and engage readers in conversations about the book and relate to similar experiences.
Thursdays, January 26 - March 30, 2017
Session I: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Ladue & Chesterfield only)
Session II: 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (All Locations)
Chesterfield, Des Peres, Crestwood and Ladue
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Special Needs
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour/ week
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening (18+), Reference Form (under 18), Orientation
- Enjoy Cooking with Family &...
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Got Game? Join the St. Louis Arc...
- Help Kids Learn Social Skills...
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Spend your Spring Break at Camp...
- Social Skill-building for Teens
- Nothin' But Net! Inclusive...
- Social Group for People with...
- St. Louis Adventure Meet Up...
- Be a Team Player! Inclusive...
- Active Aging - Aging Gracefully!
- Awake, Aware, & Alive!
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Family Fun Nights
- Adult Music Therapy