The mission of the St. Louis Arc is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high-quality services, family supports, and advocacy.
In our Cooking for Comfort class, participants with disabilities will enjoy hands-on experience in the kitchen, while learning how to prepare easy, delicious meals. An experienced cooking instructor will assist participants in preparing tasty dishes. Volunteers will assist program leader in teaching adults with disabilities age 16 and older how to cook a variety of recipes. Skills learned include understanding the cooking utensils needed, cooking procedures and terminology, and health-related topics.
Session I - Breakfast: Wednesdays, May 3 - May 17, 2017
Session II - Fried Foods not Fried: Wednesdays, May 24 - June 7, 2017
4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. OR 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (Please indicate which time period you are able to help with)
- Cooking / Catering
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/ Week
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening, Orientation
- Enjoy Cooking with Family &...
- Help Maintain A Home!
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Get in Touch with Your Wild Side!
- Hole-In-One! Golfing
- Music Moves!
- St. Louis Adventure Meet Up...
- Social Group for People with...
- Be a Team Player! Inclusive...
- Become an All-Star! Softball...
- Walking Club!
- Active Aging - Aging Gracefully!
- Inclusive Cooking Class!
- Awake, Aware, & Alive!
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...