The mission of the St. Louis Arc is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high-quality services, family supports, and advocacy.
In our Cooking for Comfort class, participants with disabilities will enjoy hands-on experience in the kitchen, while learning how to prepare easy, delicious meals. An experienced cooking instructor will assist participants in preparing tasty dishes. Volunteers will assist program leader in teaching adults with disabilities age 16 and older how to cook a variety of recipes. Skills learned include understanding the cooking utensils needed, cooking procedures and terminology, and health-related topics.
Session I: Wednesdays January 17 - 31, 2018
Session II: Wednesdays, February 7 - 28, 2018
4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. (Session I: Kitchen Basics - Appliances and Session II: Fundamentals of Cooking - Knife Skills)
6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (Session I: Comfort Foods and Session II: What’s For Dinner)
(Please indicate which time period you are able to help with.)
- Cooking / Catering
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/ Week
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening, Orientation
- Enjoy Cooking with Family &...
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Got Game? Join the St. Louis Arc...
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)...
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Fun Social Outings for Teens!
- Spend your Spring Break at Camp...
- Nothin' But Net! Inclusive...
- St. Louis Scene - Weekly Meet Ups!
- 20 Somethings Meet Up Group
- Be a Team Player! Inclusive...
- Aging With Empowerment
- Inclusive Cooking Class!
- Awake, Aware, & Alive!
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Family Fun Nights