The mission of the St. Louis Arc is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high-quality services, family supports, and advocacy.
In our Cooking for Comfort class, participants with disabilities will enjoy hands-on experience in the kitchen, while learning how to prepare easy, delicious meals. An experienced cooking instructor will assist participants in preparing tasty dishes. Volunteers will assist program leader in teaching adults with disabilities age 16 and older how to cook a variety of recipes. Skills learned include understanding the cooking utensils needed, cooking procedures and terminology, and health-related topics.
Session I: Wednesdays April 25 - May 9, 2018
Session II: Wednesdays, May 16 - 30, 2018
4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. (Session I: Spring Dishes and Session II: Summer Favorites)
6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (Session I & II: The Independent Chef)
(Please indicate which time period you are able to help with.)
- Cooking / Catering
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/ Week
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening, Orientation
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)...
- Hole-In-One! Golfing
- Music Moves!
- St. Louis Scene - Weekly Meet Ups!
- 20 Somethings Meet Up Group
- Become an All-Star! Softball...
- Walking Club!
- Aging With Empowerment
- Inclusive Cooking Class!
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Family Fun Nights
- The Artist in You!
- Adult Music Therapy
- Play Ball! Inclusive Softball...