The mission of the St. Louis Arc is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high-quality services, family supports, and advocacy.
Teen Scene is designed to help teens (ages 13-20) with intellectual and devleopmental disabilities learn the social skills they need to develop healthy relationships. Some of the topics incldue: understanding social cues, improving communication, managing anger, developing healthy friendships, and dating. Volunteers will lead activities, model appropriate behavior, and help teens further develop social skills.
Wednesdays, October 5 - November 9, 2016
5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- People Skills
- Special Needs
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour/ week
- Volunteer Application, Background Check (18+), Reference Form (under 18), orientation
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Help Kids Learn Social Skills...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Social Skill-building for Teens
- Music Moves!
- Kreative Kids Art
- St. Louis Arc - Capable Kids and...
- St. Louis Adventure Meet Up...
- Social Group Leader for People...
- Walking Club!
- Inclusive Cooking Class!
- Awake, Aware, Alive
- Hit the Turf! Soccer Coaches...
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Family Fun Nights
- The Artist in You!