The St. Louis Arc's mission is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high quality services, family supports, and advocacy.
Friendship Fusion is designed to help children with disabilities work together as a team, while learning social skills and developing friendships. Classes teach social skills, like introductions, engaging in conversation, body language, and making friends, problem solving, and building confidence. Volunteers will lead fun activities for kids to learn social skills, including role playing scenarios.
Mondays, October 3 - November 14, 2016 (No class October 31)
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Special Needs
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour/ week
- Volunteer Application, Background Check (over 18), Reference Form (under 18), orientation
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Got Game? Join the St. Louis Arc...
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Help Kids Learn Social Skills...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Social Skill-building for Teens
- Kreative Kids Art
- Nothin' But Net! Inclusive...
- St. Louis Adventure Meet Up...
- Social Group for People with...
- Be a Team Player! Inclusive...
- Inclusive Cooking Class!
- Awake, Aware, Alive
- Hit the Turf! Soccer Coaches...
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Adult Music Therapy