Being the brother or sister of a person with an intellectual and/or developmental disability can be a good thing, something a not-so-good thing, and many times, somewhere in between. Sibshops offers an opportunity for brothers and sisters of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities to get peer support and education within a recreation context. The program includes a fun mix of games, activities, friends, and discussions. Volunteers are needed to lead activities, games, and discussions.
3rd Wednesday of every month
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- People Skills
- Child Care
- Special Needs
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/ month
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening (18 years +), Reference (Under 18), Orientation
- Enjoy Cooking with Family &...
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Got Game? Join the St. Louis Arc...
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Help Kids Learn Social Skills...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Social Skill-building for Teens
- Spend your Spring Break at Camp...
- Nothin' But Net! Inclusive...
- St. Louis Adventure Meet Up...
- Social Group for People with...
- Be a Team Player! Inclusive...
- Active Aging - Aging Gracefully!
- Awake, Aware, & Alive!
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Family Fun Nights
- Adult Music Therapy