Domestic Violence Crisis Line Counselor
140 people are interested
Join our Family Violence Crisis Line Team!
Are you a good listener? Do you remain calm under pressure? Do you enjoy linking those in need with resources? Our crisis line provides immediate assistance and resources to emergency domestic violence situations. Answer incoming client calls, provide peer counseling, advocacy and resources through the phone and in person to clients on site.
- Answer incoming client calls and provide counseling, advocacy and resources
- Respond to police and hospital calls to recommend services for potential clients
- Data entry, administrative requirements, and office maintenance duties
- At least 4 hours per week for a minimum of one year. Shifts are available 24/7.
- 40+ hour Domestic Violence Counselor training required.
- 10-20 additional hours of job shadowing and training.
- Fingerprint and background check required
- Learn effective communication, peer counseling, and active listening skills
- Learn and utilize assessment skills, de-escalation techniques, and non-violent communication intervention
- Build on your crisis response skills and violence prevention experience
- Provide help to those in crisis and co-create safer options in their lives
To get started, visit our website www.standffov.org/volunteer and submit an application!
About STAND! For Families Free of Violence
1410 Danzig Plaza, Room 2, Concord, CA 94520, US
STAND! For Families Free of Violence is a catalyst for breaking the multi-generational cycle of violence, promoting safe and strong relationships, and rebuilding lives.
STAND! For Families Free of Violence is committed to promoting safe and strong families. Our approach to eliminating family violence is well-rounded and community-wide. In addition to providing a complete spectrum of prevention, intervention, and treatment programs, we also enlist the efforts of local residents, partners, and institutions, all of whom are striving with us to stop domestic violence and child abuse.
STAND! is a founding member of the Zero Tolerance for Domestic Violence Initiative, a cross-sector organization working to help solve domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse. However, we cannot achieve our mission without the help of every individual, every school, every faith community, every neighborhood, and every business.
Whether our volunteers are answering incoming calls to our crisis line, being STAND's representative at speaking events, or fundraising, they are a vital part of STAND!.
To learn more about our agency, current volunteer opportunities, and the application process, please visit our website at http://www.standffov.org/
Most of our volunteer positions require volunteers to complete a 50+ hour Mandated Agency Training. We offer this training 3 times a year. Check our website or contact email@example.com for more information.
We'll work with your schedule.
1410 Danzig Pl. #100Concord, CA 94520
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Crisis Counseling
- Basic Computer Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year commitment, 4 hours per week