Join our Family Violence Crisis Line Team!
Are you a good listener? Do you remain calm under pressure? Do you enjoy linking those in need with resources? Our crisis line provides immediate assistance and resources to emergency domestic violence situations. Answer incoming client calls, provide peer counseling, advocacy and resources through the phone and in person to clients on site.
- Answer incoming client calls and provide counseling, advocacy and resources
- Respond to police and hospital calls to recommend services for potential clients
- Data entry, administrative requirements, and office maintenance duties
- At least 4 hours per week for a minimum of one year. Shifts are available 24/7.
- 40+ hour Domestic Violence Counselor training required.
- 10-20 additional hours of job shadowing and training.
- Fingerprint and background check required
- Learn effective communication, peer counseling, and active listening skills
- Learn and utilize assessment skills, de-escalation techniques, and non-violent communication intervention
- Build on your crisis response skills and violence prevention experience
- Provide help to those in crisis and co-create safer options in their lives
To get started, visit our website www.standffov.org/volunteer and submit an application!
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Crisis Counseling
- Basic Computer Skills
- Case Work / Management
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year commitment, 4 hours per week