Social Media/Marketing Internship is an ideal position for a college or graduate student pursuing a degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or a related major. Candidate must have working knowledge of social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google Plus, etc.), and other social mediums to expand our online presence and provide outreach & promotions through our social network sites. Candidate must be driven, highly motivated, and energetic.
- Pursuing or completed a collegiate degree program, ideally with a focus in media, communications, journalism, or business.
- Exceptional writing ability, including a strong command of tone and mechanics and the ability to write creatively, stimulating interest and support from youth population.
- Comprehensive understanding of and skill in navigating social media outlets, including RSS Feeds, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube etc.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and synthesize information from diverse sources.
- Non-Profit experience and/or interest a major plus.
- Creative/graphic design software skills a plus (not necessary).
- Interested applicants can be students or professionals, must be able to commit for a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Develop content and strategic communications for social media outlets.
- Develop strategic, innovative social media campaigns to promote awareness, expand outreach, and raise funds.
- Draft press releases, social media content (tweets, FB statuses, FB shares, LinkedIn updates, event invites and content).
- Research social media opportunities for the organization.
- Must be able to work 10 hours per week; days and time are flexible
- Must be able to commit to one semester
- Must be available for special events and training
To apply please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per week