36 people are interested
This work involves checking the Library shelves for accurate placement of books and other materials. You need to have a good command of the English language, the alphabet, and the sequencing of numbers using decimals to place items in correct Dewey Decimal order. You are responsible for keeping shelves neat by aligning books with front edge of shelf whenever possible, shifting books when necessary to make them evenly distributed on designated shelves and tightening the book ends.
* Go to the assigned area and make sure the items are in correct order by reading the call number on the spine (or front cover) of each item
* Rearrange items as necessary
* If a large number are out of order, notify library staff.
Required Skills: Detail oriented, pleasant and courteous, dependable, be able to stand and squat repeatedly, experience using a foot stool, attention to detail, work well independently, able to use alphabetical and numerical filing systems, able to follow written and oral instructions, able to work independently following training, able to keep track of time worked by signing in and out, able to interact well with staff, able to concentrate and pay attention to details.
- All volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation before beginning volunteering at the library
Volunteer orientations occur at Hanford Library in April & August.
Volunteer applications will be kept on file for six (6) months.
We'll work with your schedule.
401 N. Douty St.Hanford, CA 93230
- Must be at least 16
- Minimum six months, one or two hours a week
- Training as needed