- Will post online donated and withdrawn materials for sales through the library’s Amazon.com account.
- Will be responsible for locating, packing, and mailing out items that have been sold online.
- Responsible for sorting through donated items to see if they are worth posting for sale.
- Will update Excel spreadsheet to track sales and profits made through the online account.
- If needed, will train other volunteers in the selection and listing of items to be posted for sale.
- Training provided as needed
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes, walk up and down stairs, work in front of computer for long periods of time, good record keeping/clerical skills, ability to estimate value of items in various conditions, experience working with online finances.
- All volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation before beginning volunteering at the library
Volunteer orientations occur at Hanford Library in April & August.
Volunteer applications will be kept on file for six (6) months.
- Financial Literacy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum six months, three days a week
- Individuals who have experience listing items for sale on eBay, Amazon, and/or Craigslist.