- Dedicated to promoting children’s library services
- Volunteer reader at bi-weekly story times
- Prepare materials for planned craft activities, story times, and special events
- Set up holiday displays, book displays, and the Children’s Room Christmas tree
- Host class visits, story times, and tours in the Children’s Room
- Assist staff with family programming such as the Summer Reading Program, Winter Open House and other library outreach activities
- Help to administer the Summer Reading Program: donations, activities, prizes
- Attend monthly BookBuddies meeting (last Monday of each month at 11am)
Most BookBuddies attend a monthly meeting at 11 a.m. on the last Monday of each month in the library meeting room, and read one to two times every month at our story times, Wednesdays at 3 p.m. and Thursdays at 10 a.m. They also volunteer their time at special children’s events throughout the year.
Former and current teachers and librarians are encouraged to apply.
- All volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation before beginning volunteering at the library
Volunteer orientations occur at Hanford Library in April & August.
Volunteer applications will be kept on file for six (6) months.
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum six months, one - two reading days a month
- Training given by current BookBuddies before beginning to volunteer.