Read to Kings County Children- BookBuddies Volunteer Reader
58 people are interested
- Dedicated to promoting children’s library services
- Volunteer reader at bi-weekly story times
- Prepare materials for planned craft activities, story times, and special events
- Set up holiday displays, book displays, and the Children’s Room Christmas tree
- Host class visits, story times, and tours in the Children’s Room
- Assist staff with family programming such as the Summer Reading Program, Winter Open House and other library outreach activities
- Help to administer the Summer Reading Program: donations, activities, prizes
- Attend monthly BookBuddies meeting (last Monday of each month at 11am)
Most BookBuddies attend a monthly meeting at 11 a.m. on the last Monday of each month in the library meeting room, and read one to two times every month at our story times, Wednesdays at 3 p.m. and Thursdays at 10 a.m. They also volunteer their time at special children’s events throughout the year.
Former and current teachers and librarians are encouraged to apply.
- All volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation before beginning volunteering at the library
Volunteer orientations occur at Hanford Library in April & August.
Volunteer applications will be kept on file for six (6) months.
About Kings County Library - Hanford Library
401 N. Douty St., Hanford, CA 93230, US
The Public Library is dedicated to free and equal access to information, knowledge, independent lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and the joys of reading for our diverse community.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
We'll work with your schedule.
401 N. Douty St.Hanford, CA 93230
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum six months, one - two reading days a month
- Training given by current BookBuddies before beginning to volunteer.