Description: JCAL is seeking help in our External Affairs and Development Department to assist with specific tasks. Students interested in gaining hands-on experience in arts administration are welcome to apply. Qualified candidates must be able to commit through school year, for minimum 15 hours a week with occasion evening hours. Stipends and school credit available.
* Prospect research.
* Maintenance of donor data base.
* Assist in planning and execution of special events, such as board cultivation and the next annual Gala.
* Assist in fundraising initiatives, such as Membership and Take a Seat Campaign, and the Annual Appeal.
* Light filing and administrative organization.
* Special projects as assigned.
* Interest in development and arts administration.
* Strong editing and communications skills.
* Well organized with attention to detail.
* Familiarity with Access, Microsoft, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter and other social media platforms.
* Ability to work with limited supervision.
* Exact responsibilities may be tailored to intern’s area of interest, level of education, and abilities.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
* Location: Jamaica, Queens, Queens
- Administrative Support
- Office Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Donor Management
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- about 15 hrs per week