Here at YWCA Angeline’s Center for Homeless Women, we offer women a safe, warm, and welcoming environment. We engage women in classes and activities organized, presented, and run by volunteers. Many of women spend the bulk of their time at Angeline's and are looking for opportunities to get involved.
By providing weekly and monthly activities, we encourage social interaction, mental stimulation, and offer a fun activities for the women to participate in. Depending on your skills and access to supplies, examples of popular classes or activities that need volunteers include:
- Knitting or crocheting
- Arts and crafts
- Writing or journaling group
- Walking group
- Singing group or choir
- Book club
- Board game activity
- Talent shows
- Cultural sharing groups
- Life skills classes
This is a great opportunity for 2-3 volunteers to tag-team on a specific class or activity they organize and lead.
- This is a weekly, bimonthly, or monthly commitment, depending on your schedule and the activity.
- Weekday availability between the hours of 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- A long-term commitment is requested (minimum three months).
- Must have skills and experience pertinent to the activity you choose to lead
- Cultural competency is a must
- After receiving training, the Group Leader will be responsible for set up and clean up of knitting supplies for their weekly group.
- Groups Leaders must be comfortable interacting with homeless women and aware of common behaviors in a shelter environment.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and only women are accepted for this position.
All YWCA ongoing volunteers/interns must complete all the following steps before starting:
- Create an online volunteer profile and apply for the volunteer position at: www.ywcaworks.org/volunteer/ongoing
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Submit two character references
- Criminal Background Check (at the YWCA's expense)
- Attend a YWCA Volunteer Orientation within 30 days of the volunteer's first day.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Childhood Hunger Helper -...
- YWCA needs volunteers for...
- Provide Childcare for Women Who...
- Seeking new and used furniture...
- Come be an AWESOME addition to...
- Children's Advocate Group...
- FVI After-School Program Assistant
- Provide a warm meal to those...
- Diaper Drive Hosts needed for...
- Halloween Basket Sponsers Needed...
- Seeking Thanksgiving Dinner...
- Seattle YWCA Crock Pot Drive –...
- Office Intern Needed at YWCA...
- Holiday Adopt A Family Sponsors
- Backpack Brigade Food Drive...
- Youth Activity Volunteer (Maple...
- Immediate Need for Kids...
- Food Drive Hosts for YWCA
- Opportunity to gain...
- Pancake breakfast for YWCA’s...