Food Bank Delivery Volunteer Needed! (Long Beach, CA)
DONATE TO THIS
40 people are interested
Too often LINC residents are forced to make decisions between paying rent, purchasing needed medication, covering utilities, maintaining transportation for work or buying food. LINC Housing strives to ensure that tough financial times, doesn’t lead to hunger or malnutrition for our low-income seniors, children, families or special needs populations. Assist us in providing basic sustenance and nutrition to LINC residents by delivering food to local, affordable housing communities.
Food Bank Delivery Volunteers will accompany a member of our team in renting a local Uhaul Truck, picking up food from an assigned regional food bank, delivering food to LINC communities, assisting onsite staff with unloading food and ensuring that truck is returned at end of route. Reimbursement for all expenses are covered by LINC Housing!
- Ride along and return delivery truck
- Load and unload food to various locations
- Organize, count, and separate food based on site specifications
- Interact and build professional relationships with LINC staff and other partnering agencies
- Communicate knowledgeably to staff, donors and clients about related information and procedures
- Prepare and submit regular expense reports for reimbursements
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to read a map, follow GPS or instructions to navigate to various locations
- Must have ability to frequently lift and/or move objects 20-50 lbs
- Must have ability to frequently stand, walk, kneel, stoop, and crouch
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be free of felony conviction
- Complete all required enrollment documents
- Attend Volunteer orientation and training
- Comply with terms found in all LINC Volunteer policy
- Dress code is modest and casual
Frequency and Schedule: 1 st & 3 rd Thursday of each month from 8:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Location: Service starts in Long Beach, with deliveries to Long Beach, Compton and Huntington Park.
Be a part of the solution in your community! Join LINC Housing as a Food Bank Delivery Volunteer!
How to Enroll:
Volunteers must be 18 years of age and have proof of valid driver’s license and automobile insurance. Getting involved is as easy as taking 4 simple steps:
- Visit our website at: http://www.linchousing.org/linccares/vol_form.html and complete the online application.
- You will be contacted within days to schedule an orientation appointment.
- Attend an orientation where you will meet onsite staff, receive a tour of our facility, and be given an introduction to LINC and the responsibilities of its volunteers.
- You will be contacted after orientation for placement in the activity of your choice.
For more information, please contact Asia Bogan at 562-684-1148 or email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
LINC Housing555 E. Ocean Ave. Suite 900Long Beach, CA 90802
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month 830 AM-230 PM