VOLUNTEER ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: After initial in-office project orientation, this opportunity will require 4 hours/week at our Norfolk Office. Location: 809 Brandon Ave, Suite 300, Norfolk, VA 23517. Position is unpaid.
Description: Volunteer will provide administrative support at the Norfolk Office and report to the Executive Director of Tidewater Arts Outreach. Laptop/workstation provided by TAO. (Does not require heavy lifting.)
- Assist with light accounting, such as invoicing, as needed. (QuickBooks knowledge preferred.)
- Assist with contact and program data entry/database management in: Microsoft Access, Google Drive/Docs, and other software programs as needed.
- Assist with meeting scheduling and ED’s calendar.
- Have his/her own transportation/vehicle.
- Assist with mailing to TAO donors, volunteers, and constituents
- Assist in printing reports and collating materials for Board and Committee Meetings
- Other assignments as needed.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Possess a formal higher education and/or professional work experience including office administration, and writing equivalent to a college degree.
- Be an organized self-starter with excellent communication skills, comfort with internet research and mastery of Microsoft Office suite software.
Volunteer/Intern must supply a copy of current driver’s license or Government issued ID for identification purposes. All applicants are subject to a background check.
Applicants will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Complete the Volunteer Application and submit Resume and Cover Letter , along with the days and times you are available to: Volunteers@TidewaterArtsOutreach.org .
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 4-10 hours per week
- Good computer and communication skills