WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where369 Main StreetOrange, NJ 07050
Position Title: Family Liaison
Hours of Service: 8:30am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday (Some evening / flexible hours)
MSU’s Center for Community Engagement is seeking a qualified and responsible candidate for their Family Liaison position. Montclair State University in conjunction with its Service-Learning and Community Engagement Program is partnering with the Orange Public School District to develop a university-assisted community school at the Rosa Parks and Oakwood Avenue Elementary Schools to address the needs and aspirations of the students, families and larger Orange community. The Orange Community School Initiative (OCSI) aims to create a supportive environment where families, teachers, and community members can engage in the educational process. The backbone of this initiative will be the University’s EECO (Education, Environment, and Community Outreach) Program, which will engage 2 full-time AmeriCorps members to serve as Family Liaisons to recruit, support and coordinate the engagement of families at our two Community Schools. We are seeking highly motivated and community-oriented individuals willing to work in collaboration with families and the Site Coordinator to design and develop opportunities for family involvement and leadership. Candidates will provide direct service support to implementing the program’s duties and values, acting as a liaison between the program, community, school, and families.
- Work with the Site Coordinator to design a Family Access Plan and Family Leadership Plan
- Develop a culturally competent and effective Outreach Plan
- Continuously assess and address issues of family access within the school
- Coordinate and facilitate on-going activities necessary for increased family engagement and family partnership in the OCSI initiative.
- Establish and facilitate supportive and effective partnerships with family members
- Facilitate leadership development for family members
- Act as liaison between family, staff, teachers and community stakeholders.
- Assist in continuous data collection in order to discern appropriate direction of Community School development
- Document activities and developments related to family partnership within the Community School
- Provide referrals, as needed, to necessary community based organizations and agencies.
- Other duties as assigned
Training and Evaluation:
- Participate in multi-day orientation and ongoing training opportunities
- Attend personal and professional development training
- Exposure to social issues related to low-income educational settings
- Develop presentation skills in on-site and school-based education sessions
- Attend National Days of Service, AmeriCorps week and events sponsored by the New Jersey Commission on National and Community Service
- Assist evaluators in gathering information related to program improvement
- Free childcare
- Free health insurance
- Free gym membership to the Montclair State University Recreation Center
- Training Certification from the MSU Network for Educational Renewal
- Deferred student loan.
- Internship stipend- $14,530
- Education scholarship- $5,700
Center for Community Engagement
- Youth Services
- Environmental Science
- Community Outreach
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training