We are in need of volunteers in the following areas:
- cleaning (always needed! birds are messy!)
- gardening (we raise chemical free food to help offset our costs)
- socialization (some birds would love to have some human friends)
- fundraising (care of this many birds means we can always use funds)
- outreach and education (appear on our behalf at events, speak to classes or groups)
- toymaking (always a good time both for us and for the birds)
- construction and skilled trades (we are building, and growing to give the birds a better life)
- various other opportunities that arise as we grow and expand!
We now house over 100 birds on site, and have several more in foster care. We are in desperate need of committed volunteers who share our passion for giving unwanted companion parrots a better life. We especially need help raising funds, so that the first aviary can be completed. It's total cost so far has been over $10,000 with fundraisers for these projects raising less than $500, and $300. We are bearing a lot of the expenses ourselves as we can save up for them. This makes progress horribly slow! A project that should have taken months has taken years, because of lack of funds. If you are skilled at organizing and running fundraising events, either live in person or on social media, we could definitely use a hand!
- Community Outreach
- Animal Care / Handling
- Program Management
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Must sign liability waiver, minors need parental consent. Need background check for some positions.