Help Marden's Ark give birds a better life!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
67 people are interested
We are in need of volunteers in the following areas:
- cleaning (always needed! birds are messy!)
- gardening (we raise chemical free food to help offset our costs)
- socialization (some birds would love to have some human friends)
- fundraising (care of this many birds means we can always use funds)
- outreach and education (appear on our behalf at events, speak to classes or groups)
- toymaking (always a good time both for us and for the birds)
- construction and skilled trades (we are building, and growing to give the birds a better life)
- various other opportunities that arise as we grow and expand!
We now house over 100 birds on site, and have several more in foster care. We are in desperate need of committed volunteers who share our passion for giving unwanted companion parrots a better life. We especially need help raising funds, so that the first aviary can be completed. It's total cost so far has been over $10,000 with fundraisers for these projects raising less than $500, and $300. We are bearing a lot of the expenses ourselves as we can save up for them. This makes progress horribly slow! A project that should have taken months has taken years, because of lack of funds. If you are skilled at organizing and running fundraising events, either live in person or on social media, we could definitely use a hand!
About Marden's Ark Corporation
2054 TARBORO RD, YOUNGSVILLE, NC 27596, US
Our mission is to provide a high quality refuge funded by donations from large corporate sponsors, local business owners, and generous individuals as well as funding from sales of our own line of products, so unwanted parrots and other exotic birds from the pet trade can find a permanent home where they receive the best medical care, quality food, fresh water, organic fruit and vegetables, a lot of personal attention and they can even enjoy being part of a flock. We also focus on our Education and Outreach program with goals of educating the general public in hopes of reducing impulse purchase of companion parrots and supporting families with companion parrots who are experiencing difficult times.
Marden's Ark Avian Refuge is a 501(c)(3) non-profit sanctuary-type rescue for companion birds. We accept companion birds regardless of their potential as rehome-able "pets" and they are given a safe place to live with healthy food, companionship, and enrichment including time out of cages every day. We believe flight is an important and essential part of being a bird and only clip wings if the bird is posing a serious danger to themselves. We offer love and compassion to all birds, regardless of species because we believe that a tiny budgie has the same thoughts and emotions as a majestic macaw.
We'll work with your schedule.
2054 Tarboro RdYoungsville, NC 27596
- Community Outreach
- Animal Care / Handling
- Program Management
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Must sign liability waiver, minors need parental consent. Need background check for some positions.