Serve as an example to the youth, and a liaison to the community, while builds and maintains key relationships.
1. Be an advocate for youth and educate congregations about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
2. Help plan, develop, and implement a balanced youth program in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
3. Support and guide the work of the Youth Council or equivalent body in an annual process of evaluating the vision and goals of the youth program and directing monthly planning sessions.
4. Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
5. Be aware of resources for developing the youth programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
6. Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth programming and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
7. Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth programming.
Will have the patience and love for working with youth, and a strong desire to see them grow spiritually. Individuals with experience as a youth worker, youth director, youth pastor, and/or a senior pastor are also welcomed. Individual must be living a lifestyle that can serve as a model to the youth.
- Faith-based Leadership
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours on Saturday Mornings
- Ability to implement a youth program within the parameters of The Nathar Foundation Inc.