If you are passionate about CSR and global philanthropy, help UniversalGiving build new and existing corporate client relationships through research, outreach, and analysis.
UniversalGiving™, an award-winning global social-entrepreneurship nonprofit organization, is seeking a CSR Intern to join our exciting team. The Intern will be responsible for establishing new corporate relationships through outreach proposals, assisting with existing client services, building our contact pipeline throughout our network, researching and identifying key players and companies working in area of CSR, and analyzing competitors utilizing our competitive matrix. The Intern must have excellent communication skills; strong attention to detail, and a commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our relationship database. This internship is ideal for someone wishing to attain industry experience and explore key areas within corporate social responsibility and global philanthropy.
UniversalGiving™ internships offer exciting opportunities to those wishing to make a significant impact and contribution to our global communities. Join UniversalGiving and work closely with a dedicated international team, while gaining valuable skills and insight in a social-entrepreneurship nonprofit organization.
"Working with UniversalGiving has given me the chance to participate in critical aspects of business management and partnership facilitation, which are opportunities that would definitely be off-limits to "the intern" at most corporations. The friendly and ultra-supportive executive team here wants their interns to contribute to the main goals and aspirations of UniversalGiving in important ways and helps them to do so, which is what makes working here so rewarding and fun - so fun, in fact, that I will continue to be a part of their team even after leaving the San Francisco office!" --- Emily Stehr, UG Representative at Princeton University, Summer Intern
UniversalGiving™ is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model™ to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network, and has also been featured in BusinessWeek Fast Company, CSRWire, WomenEntrepreneur, Oprah.com, NBC News, The Christian Science Monitor, The New York Times, The Financial Times, MarketWatch, CNNMoney.com, Change.org and See Change Magazine. UniversalGiving™ is the 2010 winner of the Opportunity Knocks' Best Nonprofit to Work for Award.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House's Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is also a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute. She has been chosen as a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week, ideal candidate is available Tuesday through Friday 9am-5pm for the duration of the internship (3-4 mo internship). Ideal candidates are available to work in our downtown San Francisco office.
- Good writing and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in a collaborative/team based environment
- Commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our Relationship Database
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in nonprofit work, international issues, and philanthropy
- Full support of the mission and vision of UniversalGiving™
- Experience working at a unique global, social-entrepreneurship nonprofit
- Collaboration within a positive team environment
- Increased understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Networking with other nonprofit professionals
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving™
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample (2 pages max) to email@example.com with "CSR Intern Intern/Volunteer" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving™ is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
UniversalGiving’s vision is to "Create a World Where Giving and Volunteering Are a Natural Part of Everyday Life."™
For more information please visit:
- UniversalGiving’s website
- UniversalGiving’s Blog: PhilanthroPost
- CEO Pamela Hawley’s Blog: Living and Giving
- Follow Us on Twitter: @ UniversalGiving and @ PamelaHawley
- Like us on Facebook
- Administrative Support
- Executive Admin
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Pro-‐Bono NGO Returnship for...
- Pro-‐Bono Corporate Returnship...
- Business Operations Intern
- Marketing Intern
- QA/Web Intern
- CSR Intern/Volunteer
- Executive Assistant to the CEO...
- Office/Administrative support...
- Development Intern/Volunteer
- NGO Services Intern
- Corporate Client Services...
- Social Media Internship
- Development Returnship
- Design Internship
- Pro-Bono Marketing Returnship...
- Marketing Partnerships...
- Salesforce Admin Intern/Volunteer
- Corporate Returnship for...