Veteran Hospice Volunteer
40 people are interested
The Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program aims to pair recruited veteran volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as veterans. Veteran volunteers are important because they are able to form a camaraderie with veteran patients that can help eliminate the stoicism and secrecy that veteran patients often develop from having served in the armed forces.
Veteran Volunteers can help by:
- Assist veterans in reminiscing/telling life stories
- Educate and assist patients in receiving veteran benefits
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates for Veteran’s Day and other recognition events
- Friendly visits
- Improve communication within families
- Assist in replacing lost medals
- Provide respite for caregivers
- Read to patients
Veteran volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with each veteran patient allowing them to become an essential piece in the delivery of quality end-of-life care.
We'll work with your schedule.
4242 Piedras Drive EastSuite 200San Antonio, TX 78228
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training