Veteran Hospice Volunteer
41 people are interested
The Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program aims to pair recruited veteran volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as veterans. Veteran volunteers are important because they are able to form a camaraderie with veteran patients that can help eliminate the stoicism and secrecy that veteran patients often develop from having served in the armed forces.
Veteran Volunteers can help by:
- Assist veterans in reminiscing/telling life stories
- Educate and assist patients in receiving veteran benefits
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates for Veteran’s Day and other recognition events
- Friendly visits
- Improve communication within families
- Assist in replacing lost medals
- Provide respite for caregivers
- Read to patients
Veteran volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with each veteran patient allowing them to become an essential piece in the delivery of quality end-of-life care.
About Compassus Hospice
4242 Piedras Drive East, Suite 200, San Antonio, TX 78228, US
The Colleagues of Hospice Compassus are committed to keeping The Hospice Promise by delivering the highest quality of care, serving the needs of patients and families and spreading the stories of hospice to those with whom they come into contact.
Most volunteers feel personally rewarded through offering their time, energy and compassion when they see how much they are able to help patients and families. Further benefits frequently experienced by our volunteers include:
- Greater self-knowledge from insights gained from relationships with patients, their families and from the hospice volunteer training.
- Spiritual growth from supporting a person through the final days while increasing the awareness of their own sense of spiritual values.
The people that make up Compassus are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families with end-of-life issues. This includes our volunteers.
At Compassus, we believe that every life is unique and deserves a meaningful and personal final journey. Perhaps you’ve experienced hospice services with a member of your family, or are looking for a meaningful way to volunteer your time. If you believe that giving your time can enhance the lives of others, we encourage you to explore volunteer opportunities with Compassus.
We'll work with your schedule.
4242 Piedras Drive EastSuite 200San Antonio, TX 78228
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training