We’re looking for creative individuals to lend their talents and eye for design to help us decorate for our 23rd Annual Gala in November. This is a great opportunity for individuals who would like to volunteer in a more creative capacity or those interested in event décor and who would like to gain more experience!
- Attend weekly gala committee meetings to stay up-to-date on what developments are coming from the graphic design team and the event planning coordinator to share and /or brainstorm decorating ideas.
- Be available the entire day of the event in order to help implement the decided upon design in the facility.
- Regularly communicate all resources, budget and other needs to the gala committee to ensure that all needs are met on a timely basis.
- Be responsible for coordinating amongst the other decorators in deciding how to split up the tasks for the day of the event.
- Able to effectively use email, PowerPoint, and Excel to access design materials and communicate with the team.
- Must be able to work in a group/team environment.
- Able to attend an informational session two weeks prior to the event to review event day logistics.
- Able to practice all necessary measures to ensure safety while decorating the facility (ladder use, lifting practices, ergonomics, etc.)
About Helping Link
Helping Link - Một Dấu Nối has been serving the Vietnamese-American immigrant community for twenty-two years. We provide English language and computer education classes for adults and seniors; after-school tutoring and summer classes for youth; job-site language training; information and referral services for our most vulnerable; and cultural events for the community. Our programs are offered in a bilingual context and in a supportive, family-friendly atmosphere.
- Event Design & Planning
- People Skills
- Interior Design
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Editorial Assistant -...
- Volunteer as a Publicity and...
- Become a Youth Tutor!
- Gala Graphic Designer
- Help us organize the best GALA!...
- Opportunity for a Photographer...
- Sponsorship Coordinator
- Project Manager - Event Chair
- Gala Advertising Coordinator
- Looking for Volunteer...
- Seeking Non-Profit Board Members
- Flex your talents as a Web...
- EVENT DECORATORS for Helping...
- iPad Instructor - Help us bridge...
- GALA Entertainment Designer
- Love teaching? Love children?...
- Volunteer needed! IT...
- Marketing and Publicity Team
- Gain Grant Writing Experience!
- GALA Committee - Planning and...