Agency Mission: Food Forward rescues fresh local produce that would otherwise go to waste, connecting this abundance with people in need, and inspiring others to do the same. We convene private properties, public spaces, and farmers and wholesale markets to recover excess fruits and vegetables, donating 100% to local direct-service agencies who feed our community's vulnerable. To date our Farmers Market Recovery Program has collected and donated 650,000 lbs of fresh fruit and veggies!
Volunteer Service Description:
- Volunteers will meet the Food Forward Glean Team Leader at the Burbank Farmers Market at 11:30am.
- Volunteers will then distribute empty Food Forward boxes to vendors wishing to make a donation of fresh fruit or produce.
- At the end of the market, the boxes will be collected, weighed, and prepared for pick-up by a local hunger relief agency.
- Minimum number of hours per week required by this position:none
Volunteers can register for events that are convenient for them on: www.foodforward.org/events
- Environmental Education
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Open to Monday - Sunday events
- Volunteer Driver
- Mary Stoica Cafe Server
- City of Burbank - Recycle Water...
- American Cancer Society...
- Family Promise of the Verdugos
- Office assistant in Home...
- Wash and Return Starbucks pastry...
- Burbank Home Delivered Meals...
- Autry Museum - Docent Training...
- Burbank Historical Society...
- Food Forward
- Starbucks Pastry Delivery for...