Homework Club Coordinator
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where880 Tully RoadSan Jose, CASan Jose, CA 95111
Flex your leadership skills by becoming a Library Homework Club Coordinator!
Homework Clubs provide after-school assistance for K-8 children free of charge. We at San Jose Public Library are expanding this program to additional branches and are looking for experienced, dedicated community members to help coordinate these new clubs.
Homework Club Coordinators will occupy a key leadership position and help to recruit, train, and schedule other volunteers. They will also assist with promoting their Club to the public and maintain records for reporting purposes. We will provide training on recruitment, promotion and record keeping.
This is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in leading their own program and supporting education.
- Age 18 or older (21 or older preferred)
- Experience working with youth
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to develop and work with a team
- Excellent oral communication and written skills
- Ability to organize projects
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers 18 or over
- 12 month commitment, at least 2 hours a week.
- Project Management
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12 month commitment, at least 2 hours a week
- Fingerprint clearance required