The Bucks County Area Agency on Aging and the Bucks County Drug and Alcohol commission noticed a rise in prescription drug and alcohol abuse amongh older adults. They responded by creating Project MEDS (Medication Education Designed for Seniors).
Project Meds is a peer education program consisting of a free, one half hour presentation given by trained senior volunteers in which they address issues of medication and alcohol use and misue by seniors.
A two day training is provided to volunteers from both medication and alcohol programs. You will assist a seasoned volunteer to presentation until you are confortable to completes sessions yourslef.
Training will begin in the Fall 2015.
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per presentation
- people skills
- G.E.M. (Generations...
- Lunch Bunch Mentor Program ( ...
- APPRISE Can you help those on...
- Mentors needed throughout Bucks...
- Help Older Adults stay Active! -...
- Get ready to help Teaching ESL...
- Immediate need for Home...
- Benefits Assistance Volunteer...
- Children + Tutor = Success
- Medication Education for Seniors