The YWCA runs a ten-week support program for women dealing with domestic violence, and we are in search of a handful of committed volunteers to supervise activities for kids while their mothers participate in the group. Volunteers are encouraged to create and/or facilitate fun activities suitable for various ages. This is not only an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of some wonderful children, but to contribute to the goal of ending domestic violence in our community.
- Kids will range in age from 1-12yrs
- Mondays 5:30-8pm
- We ask that volunteers commit to as many Thursdays as possible during the 10 week program
- Experience with childcare a plus!
Youth are welcome but must be at least 16 and be accompanied by a parent or guardian
Toys, games and supplies are available.
- Volunteers must be female (or accompanied by a female)
- Volunteers will be required to provide references, complete an interview, and clear a Criminal Background Check
- Volunteers will be expected to attend a YWCA Volunteer Orientation within a month of starting
Because of the confidential nature of this volunteer position, information on the program will be released only after the volunteer has been approved.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5:30-8pm Monday's
- Join us for our youth summer...
- Provide Childcare for Women Who...
- Seeking new and used furniture...
- Seeking Towel Donations for YWCA...
- YWCA Childcare Help Needed
- Adopt A Unit - Ownership over...
- Immediate Need for Kids...
- Lead the homeless women at...
- Opportunity to gain...
- DV Support Group Childcare...
- YWCA Front Desk Volunteer position
- Urgent need! Volunteers for our...