Weekly contact with one family to work on established goals with knowledge of Project HELP's paperwork and procedures. The ultimate goal of your involvement is to work in partnership with the parents/caregivers to achieve specific goals established by the client
*English and Spanish Speaking Parent Mentors Needed*
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- To provide support and assistance to parents in meeting the physical, emotional, and educational needs of their children.
- To work with and model for the entire family a positive, sensitive, non-judgmental manner of relating.
- To asses and prioritize needs of a parent regarding parenting tasks or sources of self-confidence.
- To attend all pre-service training.
- Attend monthly parent mentor trainings and monthly supervision meetings.
- To commit to at least one year to the program.
- To complete 20 hours of continuing education/training required by agency to support Parent Mentor’s skill and professional development.
- To maintain client confidentiality regarding the parent and family situation.
- To complete all required family service plans, testing, surveys, or evaluations required of the Parent Mentor.
- To maintain appropriate documentation that outlines the services provided to the family and accurate/timely records of your appointments with the family.
- Child Development
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/week