Use your aircraft and pilot skills to help save a life! In 2014, there were more than 14,800 unmet requests for shelter from domestic violence in Texas. We want to make it easy for people to get away from abusive situations by providing one-way transportation for domestic violence victims by private airplane or passenger vehicles. This volunteer opportunity is great for pilots who-
- regularly commute with one or more empty seats
- want to use their piloting skills to benefit humanity
- Must be Private pilot or higher rated
- Must have reliable access to aircraft
- Must have renters or aircraft owners insurance
- Must be willing to file the flight as VFR or IFR
- Higher preference will be given to pilots who are night current and/or IFR current
- Must have 250 hours PIC and/or 100 hours PIC cross country
- Higher preference will be given to pilots willing to fly with a co-pilot
- Must attend volunteer orientation
Pilots maintain responsibility for all aspects of flight safety. Currently operating from KADS.
Your passenger will be a survivor of domestic violence who has chosen to travel by airplane. Having a private flight helps her get to locations unavailable by commercial flight. Her destination may be to family or to shelter in another city or state. For some, flight will be a necessary means of travel across long distances. For others, it may be an inspiring journey on her way to freedom in life.
Visit FamiliestoFreedom.org for the date and location of the next Volunteer orientation.
Hours of Operation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- must be current, frequent flyers preferred