NorthCare Hospice provides compassionate, kind, state-of-the-art care for individuals who have been given a diagnosis of less than 6 months to live. We care for patients in their homes, in nursing homes and at our Hospice House located in North Kansas City Hospital. NorthCare hospice is in need of a hair stylists that would be able to volunteer their time and talents by giving our patients hair cuts on site.
Our patients are often not able to travel outside of where they are living and therefore aren’t able to do many things others take for granted- like getting their hair cut. As everyone knows, one of the best ways to brighten your mood is to feel good about the way you look. If you, or another stylist you know, would like to bless our patients in this way- either in our Hospice House or out in the community in their homes, please contact us. You would bring so much joy and comfort to our patients and their families and we at NorthCare would be so grateful. We would provide you with a short orientation so you can be prepared to serve these individuals that are going though a heart wrenching time.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- As Needed or weekly
- MO Stylist License
- Hospice House Hospitality
- Veteran to Veteran Volunteer...
- Lifetime Legacy Video Volunteers
- Share the gift of music!
- Notary Public Volunteer
- Memory Pillow or Bear Sewers
- Independence Area Friendly...
- Does your heart go out to...
- Massage Therapy Volunteer
- Handyman/Handywoman Volunteer
- Patient Care Volunteer
- Quilting Volunteers Needed for...
- Do you love art projects? Are...
- Do you have a certified Pet...
- Broad Range of Hospice...
- Hair Stylist Volunteer