If you love interacting with people and keeping busy, this position could be for you! The Office Intern will support the housing shelter to meet the needs of clients and visitors. This position requires professionalism and the ability to perform administrative and customer services duties well in a hectic environment. Students interested in a career in human services are encouraged to apply!
Answer multi-line phone: directing calls and answering basic questions
Greets clients and visitors: answers questions, and directs inquiries
Maintains physical environment of front desk and reception area clean
Performs typing, copying and faxing in support of program and administrative staff
Miscellaneous office tasks including giving tours, sign-ins and making appointments
Performs other office duties as assigned
Adhere to YWCA policies and procedures
Receptionist and phone experience
Pleasant friendly personality that enjoys working with the public
Ability to communicate and work with clients and staff from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
Comfortable working in hectic environment
Patient and flexible
Attention to detail and strong organizational and record keeping skills
Dependable and reliable
Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Ability to communicate effectively and in a caring way with clients who are in crisis
Ability to maintain confidentiality
At least one 4 hour shift once a week
Flexible on a shift time during Monday to Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Interns should be able to make a regular commitment to their shift over a 3-6 month period. This is a great opportunity to earn school credit or service-learning hours!
- Administrative Support
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum: One, 4-hour shift per week
- Childhood Hunger Helper -...
- Provide Childcare for Women Who...
- Family Village Issaquah Harvest...
- Seeking new and used furniture...
- Come be an AWESOME addition to...
- YWCA Childcare Help Needed
- Children's Advocate Group...
- FVI After-School Program Assistant
- Provide a warm meal to those...
- Lead the homeless women at...
- Diaper Drive Hosts needed for...
- Pathways for Women Front Desk...
- Seattle YWCA Crock Pot Drive –...
- Office Intern Needed at YWCA...
- Backpack Brigade Food Drive...
- Youth Activity Volunteer (Maple...
- Immediate Need for Kids...
- Food Drive Hosts for YWCA
- Opportunity to gain...
- Pancake breakfast for YWCA’s...