Start Date: September 2016
Application Deadline: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 11:59pm; however, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
AMAR U.S. offers full-time and part-time voluntary Fundraising and Communications Assistant positions, lasting 3-4 months, to exceptional candidates with a keen interest in acquiring fundraising experience in a non-profit organization focused on development in the Middle East.
Fundraising and Communications interns raise funds and awareness of AMAR’s work creating long-term sustainable solutions for populations in conflict zones and high-stress areas in the Middle East and elsewhere.
They will work to expand AMAR U.S.'s presence in the Washington DC non-governmental community and across the US, and will place a high value on events management, outreach through updates and social media, donor research, proposal and grant writing, and actively seeking opportunities for potential partnerships or funders through networking and public events.
Fundraising and Communications Assistants will also receive a gratifying understanding of non-profit work by occasionally supporting programmatic aspects of the work of AMAR U.S. Please see overleaf for key responsibilities of the position and skills required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Fundraising Assistants will support the work of the CEO and Programs Officer and assist with the ongoing establishment of AMAR U.S. organizationally and as a significant presence in the Washington non-governmental and think-tank community.
Tasks will be varied and will include:
- Build the annual fundraising capacity of AMAR U.S. through activities including fundraisers and the maintenance of AMAR Supporters Circles in US cities;
- Liaise with existing US-based donors and research and profile appropriate donor bases to cultivate new donors;
- Raise awareness of AMAR U.S. and the 'AMAR model’ of primary healthcare in conflict zones and high stress areas through press-releases, newsletters and media appearances.
- Maintain and update the AMAR U.S. website and social media platforms;
- Help to represent AMAR to US government agencies, international institutions, NGOS and think-tanks;
- Maintain and develop knowledge of Middle Eastern development issues;
- Prepare presentations of AMAR projects and 'the AMAR model’ in a variety of formats - powerpoint, briefing reports, web pages etc.;
- Arrange travel, meetings and appointments; Where appropriate, attend meetings, taking notes and drafting official minutes;
- Assist in the management of existing and future projects with US-based donors;
- General administrative and other ad hoc tasks.
KEY QUALITIES / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Interest in fundraising and philanthropy work;
- Strong writing skills, the ability to produce high-quality work to deadlines and to balance multiple commitments in an organized and efficient way;
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills;
- Ability to work independently, good planning skills, time management, ability to prioritize.
- High level of numeracy;
- Keen interest in editing;
- Proficiency with IT generally and the Microsoft office package;
- Commitment to core human rights values, tolerance and diversity.
To Apply: Please e-mail a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line 'Fundraising Assistant Application’. All applications will be acknowledged.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Full or Part-Time