Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Program Assistants will support the work of the CEO and Programs Officer. Tasks will be varied and will include:
- Help manage existing and future projects with US-based donors;
- Research and apply for grants and new sources of funding from governmental, institutional, corporate and private donors.
- Help to represent AMAR to US government agencies, international institutions, NGOS and think-tanks;
- Maintain and develop knowledge of Middle Eastern development issues;
- Prepare presentations of AMAR projects and 'the AMAR model’ in a variety of formats - powerpoint, briefing reports, web pages etc.;
- Assist in the development of the annual fundraising capacity of AMAR U.S. through activities including fundraisers and the maintenance of AMAR Supporters Circles in US cities;
- Arrange travel, meetings and appointments; Where appropriate, attend meetings, taking notes and drafting official minutes;
- General administrative and other ad hoc tasks.
KEY QUALITIES / SKILLS REQUIRED
- Interest in program management and implementation;
- Strong writing skills, the ability to produce high-quality work to deadlines and to balance multiple commitments in an organized and efficient way;
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills;
- Ability to work independently, good planning skills, time management, ability to prioritize;
- High level of numeracy;
- Keen interest in editing;
- Working knowledge of written Arabic is not required, but is a plus;
- Proficiency with IT generally and the Microsoft Office package;
- Commitment to core human rights values, tolerance and diversity.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20-40 hours per week