Bon Secours Hospice is about compassionate care. This ideal has guided us during almost 30 years of helping thousands of patients and their families. Our experience with end-of-life care has shown us that honesty and heartfelt kindness are as important as sound medical care.
The goal of the Volunteer Good Help Caller is to make calls one afternoon a week, from 2:00pm to about 4:30pm, to check on the patients and familes in Hospice. Sometimes families will have requests and concerns that you may not be able to answer. You will always have someone available to assist you in those instances. Much of the time, you will find that you spend a good bit of time talking with the family and giving them a moment to share their feelings.
If you're a people person and would like to help our families, please apply to this position.
We're looking forward to having you on the team!
- Customer Service
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One evening a week for up to 4 hours
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Nursing Home Companion (Southside)
- Summer Human Service/Social Work...
- Veteran to Veteran Volunteer
- Patient and Family Support...
- Good Help Callers
- Special Project Volunteer
- Yard and House Project Volunteers
- Human Service Intership...
- Administrative Bereavement...
- Veteran Pinning Volunteer...
- Hampton Roads Bereavement Center...
- Licensed Cosmetologist