On October 21, 2016, Breast Cancer Emergency Fund will present This Old Bag: The Power of the Purse Gala at the iconic Bently Reserve. For one special night, more than 400 guests including philanthropists, business leaders, designers, retailers, and fashionistas will come together to help low-income women and men battling breast cancer. A chic Silent Auction offers an extensive array of celebrity and designer handbags, clutches, and manbags. An exciting Live Auction pairs the most coveted designs with fabulous experiences and travel packages.
And, of course, we would not be able to host our Gala each year if it not for the energizing help from volunteers. We need your help to make this year’s event the best yet. We are looking for support with silent and live auction procurement, program facilitation and management and administrative support for the event. The ideal candidate is someone who is diligent, creative, eager to collaborate and comfortable managing key tasks independently. Duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Assist with gala including event planning.
- Assist with soliciting and securing in-kind donations of auction items, printing and other goods and services for the gala event.
- Photographing and Cataloguing each bag.
- Provide direct support for development staff including assisting with mailings, RSVP, guest list creation and management.
- Assist with guest registration and attendance tracking processes including: name tags, check-in and records updating.
- Assist with event tasks including pre-event phone calls, generation of thank you letters, and follow-up.
- Compose emails for eNewsletters, special event invitations and other various communications.
- Assist with social media postings for BCEF including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, youtube and LinkedIn.
Intern must be available to work ten to fifteen hours in the BCEF offices Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per week for at least 3 months
- • Excellent communication skills – both written and oral. • Savvy with technology and strong skills