Basic Function: The Academic Success Intern is responsible for the design and implementation of a comprehensive educational and career development program for several areas of the Boys & Girls Clubs. This position reports directly to the Academic Success Coordinator.
- Designs age-appropriate educational curriculum in basic educational disciplines.
- Implements & evaluates educational programs. Help ensure that staff is well-informed of curriculum.
- Assists members in basic educational disciplines, such as reading, writing, and arithmetic; assists members in setting academic goals.
- This position will work with members grades K-12, but will concentrate on activities for K-6 th graders.
- Assist in preparing grant and progress reports, as needed.
- Networks with area schools and parents for current materials and methods.
- Assist with special events and other duties, as assigned.
- Interact and be engaging with both youth & staff.
- Promote and stimulate interest and participation in program activities by members.
- Maintain a safe environment for all participants.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Work to achieve the mission of the organization.
- Able to job shadow other staff at Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Formal Education: Pursuing college degree (preferably in education) or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop programs for youth from 5-18 years old is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with youth and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and mobile when supervising groups of children.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Program Hours Available:
School Year Hours: 1 PM to 9 PM Monday-Friday
Summer Hours: 12 PM to 6 PM Monday-Friday
*Intern schedule will vary depending on site need and intern availability
***A stipend in the amount of $300 will be allotted to those interns able to complete 300 or more hours during the course of the semester.
How To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to Bethany Theisen, Volunteer & Internship Coordinator, by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org (as a PDF file) or by mail to: Boys & Girls Club, 345 30 th Avenue North, St. Cloud MN 56303. To help with the intake process, please submit an application on our website at www.bgcmn.org and click on the volunteer tab.
"Boys & Girls Clubs of Central MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Service."
- Problem Solving
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 6 hours a week
- Background Check cost to intern is $8.00
- Youth Development Internship
- Assistant Program Manager...
- "How Can I Help You?" Be an...
- Sports & Fitness Internship
- Healthy Lifestyles Internship
- Assistant Unit Director Internship
- Make a Positive IMPACT at the...
- Super Readers at Roosevelt Boys...
- Make a Difference! Be a KIDSTOP...
- 1, 2, 3...Are you good at...
- Academic Success Internship
- Volunteer Coordinator & Healthy...