Basic Function: The Sports and Fitness Intern is responsible for assisting with the development and delivery of physical education programming. This position reports directly to the Physical Education Coordinator or Program Manager at their assigned location.
- Assist with the design of a variety of sports and fitness activities for youth of all ages.
- Encourage and inform youth of proper techniques and attitudes.
- Interact and be engaging with both youth and staff.
- Promote and stimulate interest and participation in program activities by members.
- Know and use positive youth guidance techniques including, but not limited to, positive role modeling, conflict resolution and positive discipline.
- Maintain a safe environment for all participants
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Work to achieve the mission of the organization.
- Able to job shadow other staff at Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Preferred sports and fitness education background.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Demonstrates ability to relate well with children in a Boys & Girls Club setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with youth and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and mobile when supervising groups of children.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Program Hours Available:
School Year Hours-
Club: 1 PM to 9 PM Monday-Friday
KIDSTOP: 2 PM to 6 PM Monday-Friday
Club: 12 PM to 6 PM Monday-Friday
KIDSTOP: 7 AM to 6 PM Monday-Friday
*Intern schedule will vary depending on site need and intern availability
***A stipend in the amount of $300 will be allotted to those interns able to complete 300 or more hours during the course of the semester.
How To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to Bethany Theisen, Volunteer & Internship Coordinator, by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org (as a PDF file) or by mail to: Boys & Girls Club, 345 30 th Avenue North, St. Cloud MN 56303. To help with the intake process, please submit an application on our website at www.bgcmn.org and click on the volunteer tab.
"Boys & Girls Clubs of Central MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Service."
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Outdoor Recreation
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Atleast 6 hours a week
- Background Check cost to intern is $8.00
- Youth Development Internship
- Assistant Program Manager...
- "How Can I Help You?" Be an...
- Sports & Fitness Internship
- Healthy Lifestyles Internship
- Assistant Unit Director Internship
- Make a Positive IMPACT at the...
- Super Readers at Roosevelt Boys...
- Make a Difference! Be a KIDSTOP...
- 1, 2, 3...Are you good at...
- Academic Success Internship
- Volunteer Coordinator & Healthy...